Ministry of tourism has shortlisted seven agencies which will be known as“Monument Mitras”. Minister KJ Alphons handed over the letter of intent to these agencies. Earlier Ministry issued a letter of intent to 37 agencies for their interest in 107 sites of India. These agencies are taking this initiative as their CSR activity for a heritage site. The step to develop such a mobile application was felt to ease the visit of the tourists to these hotspots. They will not have to pay big fees for guided tours now. They can take a tour of the site at their own pace without being a part of any traveler group.
1) Aalampur Temple, Telangana
2) Bhimbetka Rock Shelters, Madhya Pradesh
3) Buddhist Caves, Gujarat
4) Rani ki Vav, Gujarat
5) Champaner Pavagarh Archaeological Park, Gujarat
6) Katargam Darwaja, Surat, Gujarat
7) The Khajuraho Group of Monuments, Madhya Pradesh
8) The Khajuraho Group of Monuments, Madhya Pradesh
9) Maharaja Chhatrasal Museum Complex in Madhya Pradesh
It is a collaborative effort between the ministries of tourism, Culture, and Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) and state governments and Union territories. This scheme is aiming to involve private sector companies, cooperates and individuals for their contribution to sustainable tourism of the country.
To date 10 MOU has been executed with shortlisted 'Monument Mitras' for the development, operation, and maintenance of tourist amenities at heritage sites at pan India level.